Previous Posts
Selp Help Advice For Staying In Love

Inteview with Vicki St. Clair

Marriage: My Spouse My Friend

What Is Your Destiny?

Time Managaement

How To Have More Energy

Free Spyware Removal

what you resist persists

The Mariah Carey Morsel Diet

Memory Techniques

Making Decisions
Saturday, November 14, 2009


Could the flutter of a butterfly's wing cause a tsunami on the opposite of the world? I am fascinated with the Butterfly Effect theory. It says that one event can affect another event, which affects a chain of events and may even lead to a large-scale phenomena.

I read a controversial book called Freakonomics. It suggested that the crime rate dropped between 1992 and 1995 because abortion was legalized in 1973. The authors of Freakonomics are saying that 18-24 year old males could not commit crimes between 1992 and 1995 because they were never born. I am not saying I agree or disagree with this allegation. I am saying this would be an example of the Butterfly Effect.

I was browsing through movie section in Blockbuster the other day, when I spotted a movie about the September 11th terrorist attacks. It made me begin to wonder. What if the attacks had never been carried out? It would have been impossible for the movie I saw in Blockbuster to have existed. So what movie would have been there in it's place? Would there have even been a movie there? Would there of even been a movie rack there? Is it possible the Blockbuster wouldn't even be there?

The point of this article is to show the importance of decisions. Like the Butterfly Effect, every decision you make affects a chain of events.

"You are the sum total of all decisions you have ever made." Myles Munroe

Ask yourself these questions:

How did I get where I am right now?
What events have taken place?
What events have not taken place?
If I had done a few things differently, where would I be right now?
If I make new, intelligent and committed decisions right now, where could I be?

0 Comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

Share

Name: Joe
Home: Niagara Falls, New York, United States
About Me:
Email: faheeta@juno.com
Visit my other blogs

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER


© Self Help And Personal Development Template by Isnaini Dot Com